I took my 1st ever work leave for the prosperous celebration of CNY (i'm determined to mention the word 'prosperous' daily for all 15 days for luck and blessings!). The girls made a promise to wear festive clothes to supposedly showcase the cny spirit, but our main purpose, as it was blatant right from the moment i fished out my camera, was to camwhore!!
Festive girls: Immi with devil babe, me with Fei Fei and Sharon with alien face. Notice how I might have the talent to become a runway star, with the amazing balancing act and all *smirks* This is the 1st year for me to start sapu-ing/offering goodwill to everybody with gifts, and that includes seasonal offerings like mandarin oranges. MP offers subsidies on mandarin oranges, so Sharon and me lugged the four heavy-ass baskets of mandarin oranges all the way from One U to the office. I had to take a break in between by resting at the roadside and secretly regretted insisted on buying so much even when my daddy warned me against it. When we came out of the lift, I concentrated on getting the baskets and myself out, so much so that I didn't know that Sharon failed to come out because her hands were full. I was howling with laughter at her impatient roar when she was trapped in the lift, where it travels down to ground floor before coming up to penthouse again!!
I have a good feeling that this will be a beautiful year ahead for me because for the first time in my 22 years, I got a lucky mandarin orange thrown directly from the prosperous lion from the lion dance performance in MP exclusively to me!! Thriving year I hope!!
Happy us grabbing the lucky mandarin orange and the, erm, coffee packet (probably to stay awake for cny celebration) thrown by the prosperous lions and posing in front of the golden fortune.
The feeling of going back to Sepang has always felt like a return to the nature, mainly because we would be devoid of internet access and shopping malls. What I love about my dad's hometown is the friendliness of the people, the peaceful landscape, and my relatives' enthusiasm to stuff us food ranging from fried chicken to fruits of all kinds!! The activities that I love most since I was a child was to speed along the village roads on a motorbike steered most expertly by my super daddy. It's also our bonding time together with our sister, who will be away from her materialistic needs and friends in the city. I know i'm talking as if Sepang is a 1000 miles away from KL although it is just at the end of Selangor but it really is a nice little place to be in.
Fresh, Organic veggies of all varieties planted by my aunt.
The main difference between babies and puppies are the reactions from their parents:
Human: CHEATER!! (on different colors and looks)
Dog: Lick..Lick..(petting and caring)
One of the fine young cows wondering at the world. (and me with the camera)
Can't believe that my niece is so big dy. Can't believe my cuz sis is married for almost a year dy. (shudders at the thought of marriage ties)
Cam-whoring at WY's newly furnished room when she wasn't around haha.
Don't I look tanned and healthy (ahem, dark) besides the fair lady? This New Year seems to be even more pressurizing for commitment phobics in the family. The wedding marathon has begun and there are THREE weddings this year waiting to have a golden rat or golden cow baby next year. Bi's mom told him to invite my parents over for a new year dinner on the 2nd lunar day. Now, meeting parents = commitment = stable relationship??? = future marriage ??!!!! My parents were charming and polite guests even though I know how awkward it must have felt, and the dinner went smoothly.
Trying to settle down comfortably at the enormous dining table that's carved from an entire ancient tree log. 3K years. HAVE to force myself to stop thinking about environmental protection issues.
CH's mom cooked all these delicious and healthy dishes (succulent steamed chicken, steamed sweet dried sausages, prosperous fragrant glutinous rice) by herself!!
I was NOT yawning at the ongoing conversation. I was relaxing with the ongoing flow of good food, drinks and company:) This new year's also a little more interesting because we have to go back to my grandmama's 70+ birthday at Sepang on the 3rd lunar day. It was a relief because i couldn't stand sitting in that house moping and sympathizing ourselves in the stuffy house that offers boasts and riches but little warmth. We had a surprisingly pleasant dinner at Long Sheng, the award-winning restaurant that specializes in the dishes "Buddha jumping over wall" and one of my fave dishes, "Dongpo Rou" which is a classic example of how a mistake can produce amazingly good results. Dongpo meat was supposed to be normal blocks of chopped pork sent with wine, but Dongpo's family misunderstood his meaning and dipped the meat with wine instead, resulting in the new aromatic and juicy dish.
The new Long Sheng restaurant is an astounding change from it's little parlor in the past.
Happy Birthday MAMA:))))) MAY you live long and healthy forever:)) Ignore my pregnant looking stomach. The front is not flattened well.
In the past, I always dread a little in going over to his house to bai nian, mainly because my existence will be ignored and there are no other girls to get along with. This year, since J&J are together, J and me share the responsibility of catering to the guests during their multiple open houses. We shared the embarrassment of dolling up and sitting at the dinner table like insignificant mannequins while our bfs are entertaining the guests. I also learned the secret to riches and success - to be extra stingy from those posh guests who probably avoided us at all costs in order to not give us ang paos.
I wonder will any socialite find true friends in the upper circle during their conversations about brands, houses, and their childrens' achievements. Do they even have anything to be proud of aside from bragging?? Can't people keep a silent pride to themselves? It's frightening that I might have to act like that when the time comes, and at this stage, where I show emotions through facial expressions, I'm far from that. I know I have to learn, or I will falter in the battle of faces.
From the cupids, Sharon and Fiz with love