I'm not a superstitious person, but Thursdays are kinda jinxed. I don't like to think of them that way with Friday the party night coming along, but they just
are :(
I proved my jinx Thursday yesterday again. I was feeling moody, like a cloud just passed over my head and my chest was heavily pressed upon. I didn't manage to park my car properly. On my way walking confidently to the company, I looked at the slippery pavement at a barely crawling snail, pitying its slow slow progress. I barely had time to think when my thin heel failed to support me with its smooth bottom and I slipped. Thump! is the sound of my file bag, office bag and butt.
I laughed to cover my embarassment while my eyes quickly surveyed around for any kepochi onlookers on my far-from-elegant fall. Ah, there was the company's guard staring at me. No, more like frowning at me as if I've disturbed the harmonious atmosphere of his peaceful morning. I recovered my composure and continued to walk on briskly.
Bah, Thursdays.