Over the years, I've seen my collection of Harry Potter books piling up, and watch in amusement at the increasing thickness of one after another on my shelf. What made this collection possible is ALL thanks to my dear daddy. With the exception of book 6, he bought ALL my HP books, and the newest one as well.
Today's the magical day for millions of fans worldwide as I know how fanatical these readers can be. Some psychiatrists and child psychologists predicted that the deaths of certain characters will cause broken hearts, but of course, as a newly-turned-22 adult, I just want to finish the book and the series.
I watched HP: Order of the Phoenix movie in IMAX, and felt that it was an okay movie just like the previous ones, likes Luna Lovegood a lot, thinks Madame Umbridge fits the annoying bitch part to a tee, and was an overall dizzy (due to the ultra big screen and 3D glasses) and refreshing experience, with an unbelievably lousy technical problem that disconnects the non3D and 3D part.
Daddy told me that he had bought HP at RM70 at Carrefour and being a consumer who looks for value instead of retail price rights, I'm glad that Carrefour is selling at such a low price. I know it might sound ignorant, but which reader is not looking for a good deal? What matters most is that I
OWN the last and final HP book now, and I thank my lovable daddy gratefully who must have fought through crowds of screaming kids and aunties to grab a copy.
Labels: Books/Movies