I'm not exactly jobless...which is to say, I still HAVE a job, but due to the long rest from the lack of assignments, I feel like my allowance is slowly slipping away as my outings become more frequent and expensive. That's Y im "feeling" jobless. Therefore, we've postponed our plans of once-a-week luxurious indulgence (this week's supposed to be lobster noodle slurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp) for we have had the 3rd bday in a row that's attached with a karaoke session as after party -- 22 year old Lou Peng Nick.
So, out of desperation I msged my boss. The next afternoon he called me for an assignment. I was determined to risk my tute for him. I woke up early, whining about the cold weather and lack of sleep (I only have myself to blame for playing worthless and meaningless games) and dragged myself to work. I felt so weary throughout the tram journey, and everyone's bloodshot eyes and bedraggled hair (or just my weary hallucination) seemed to be agreeing with my mood.
When I reached the workplace, I took a brief moment inhaling the morning fresh and cool air, and took in a brief glimpse of parts of the beautiful botanical garden. Then, I walked in the elevator, thinking myself superior and almost giving a smug smile to a new batch of university students standing outside, obviously new and working for the 3rd floor of telemarketing.
I stepped out wearily from the elevator, entered the code and into the office. There was Peter, not my favorite person in the workplace. And Nigel the boss. Nigel's first sentence hit me like a rock, not enough to awake me, but to make me feel wearier.
"We might not have to do it. I just checked from the Brazillian client, they said we might not have to do it."
THen the next few sentences were floating in and out of my ears, but he apologised repeatedly so I didn't have the heart to refute him (and how could I, he's my boss) and he actually promised to pay me for 2 hours to compensate for my traveling. Dreamily and wearily, I walked out to the tram and thought, oh well, I have a class at 12, and now's just 9, so I just sit around and study in the uni till 12.
As I reached the library, I switched on the com and felt that my eyes hurt. Feeling frustrated due to lack of sleep and jobless, I headed home and snuggled into the warm covers and continue to sleep.