Prior to the day that we set out, the gang were busy hunting ski gear and everyone didn't know what to take but most of us planned to bring loads of instant noodles to go up on the mountain because we heard that the food is frightfully expensive "up there".
On the night, Bi & me retired early because he had to drive for several hours along with Corn/MC. I drifted into a light sleep that consisted of half-REM and awake (not that I know the exact scientific terms but it was something like that, pardon me for being an ignorant arts student) not because I was restless, but was disturbed by his constant grunts, tosses and turnings that could drive my sleepiness away.
July 8, 20066-7 o'clock: Got ready, half floating and light headed. Light breakfast and dreading that I will not get to eat till 4 hours later on Mt.Buller. Went and fetch Elaine. THe poor girl waited for us for 1/2 hour and we were the ones who ushered everybody to be fast last night:( Stopped at McDs for light breakfast and I ordered McMuffin. McD's breakfast has never been my fave choice of meal. Started to become hyper in the van, and after passing boring views of familiar looking villages (I called them villages because they seem to be some old neighbourhoods that remind me of Sepang in Malaysia and I came to the conclusion that all suburbs in the world look similar), we finally reached Yarra Valley!!
10 o'clock: Yarra Valley's view is beaauuutiful. As expected, the chosen wine valley, forgot its name (omg what kind of a tourist am I) is the biggest in Victoria and the wine produced is the finest. We were kinda in a rush to go up the mountain so we decided to postpone our wine tour to Sunday. After having sips and pretending we are people with high cultural tastes and wine tasting is our favourite past time, we pitch in and bought a couple of red wine + dessert champagne (sweetest wine I've ever tasted).
Twidledee & Twidledum boy-girl version.
Gorgeous view of Yarra Valley winery.
Spot the sleepy head among the excited gang!11 o'clock: We reached Mansfield, which is similar to the Gotong Jaya of Genting Highlands because it is right at the bottom of Mount Buller. Rented our ski gears there and got a pretty good deal. Had a moderate taste chicken burger and we set off again.
12 o' clock: WE reacheeeeeeed mount Buller and after checking out our fantastic, spacious apartment (and lobbing our own room, the advantage of couple nyeh nyeh nyeh). All of us couldn't wait to rush to the beginner's mountain, which was just a 1 min walk from our apartment!! That is, if we're not dragging our ultra heavy ski equipment and slogging along with our heavy ski boots. We were all thrilled when we stepped on the snowy ground, until we realised that most of us have trouble standing still. When I struggled to stand still while the rest acted like humpty dumpty, I realised that I have a long way to go before I can actually consider myself skiing. ANd with just two days?? Nooooo!!