Amist all the racism and ethnocentrist discussion, I suddenly have this feeling during tutorial: the researchers, political commentators and numerous specialists in societal studies have endlessly churned out the existing societal problems. Have we done anything mmuch to impove multiculturalism? I feel ignorance, or the pretence of living in harmony and peace is the most peaceful solution to confronting the problem. I heard from the student activists in campus that the France youths successfully reappealed a passed legislation and forced the French government to recognize their force. I've always felt it is kinda useless to rally against the Malaysian government and frankly, I think the students are too used to the "obedient" ruling to do anything drastic.
Besides that, politicians are treacheros slugs disguised in noble saviors. I think the student activists in Australia can see for themselves how genuine or influential a politician who gives a public speech indicating his support for them in front of the students and a few media journalists can be. The truth is that he has barely any influence and understands the importance of garnering support from the youths, because every single vote from them matters to his political future. The students might have been rallying for a seemingly mutual cause like fighting for students rights, going against the troops in Iraq, against the implementation of VSU but I wish that they can stop emphasizing racism and how international students are being oppressed when they approached me. I felt quite annoyed by the fact that they are stereotyping us as a weak, helpless, defenseless bunch as well. If they choose to repeat that it is student's right, and we must do this and that, stressing on the "we" instead of harpering on international students, international students, then I would feel more welcomed. To me, it sounded like a blatant marketing tactic instead of a caring introduction to their cause.
Dad told me a few tragedies that saddened me. He reported that a pregnant mother who brought her kid to the toilet at a petrol station had a miscarriage due to her fall that was caused by two bastards that snatched her bag. I'm so saddened and feel utmostly furious with the two bastards and really wish they would go to hell, if there is such a place. Why can't they do something worthwhile like find a job? Any construction sites will be happy to have them. I really hate druggies who snatch, rob, kill to buy their precious drugs. Why were they even born? Why can't they think of making a living through a way that harms nobody and benefits oneself? What made them chose this destructive path? Must one fall to the dark path when a society is corrupted? Where's the humanity?
Another case is of this girl who went into a lift of an apartment to find her friend. A guy pushin a trolley with a big box entered the lift and asked her to press 15th floor. As soon as the girl's finger touched the button, she was hit in the head and fainted. When she woke up, she found herself in the box being pushed. She struggled to get out and ran as fast as she could. Fortunately, she managed to rush into a lady's house when the lady was about to close her door and she screamed for help. The bastard lurked around the house while still thinking of how to get her. Hope this bastard get chopped to pieces.
Yesterday, we watched The Inside Man, and boy, was it a great thriller. The chief robber was so noble to the extent that it seemed unreal. However, if every robber has a mind like his and with less heart, I feel the hopes for the world will be very dim. After that, we walked to Laigon St for a rowdy chit-chat and drink. When we came back, I was shocked beyond words to see my friend's car window being smashed neatly. His laptop was stolen. To look at his face -- a mixture of anger, embarassment, dumbfounded, confusion, sadness -- really pains me. His laptop was full of his precious work.
Sigh. I just hope that this incident happened for the better. Like, maybe this he had overcome a risk in life to find greater success in the future.