That is why I'm sitting here in a cybercafe at 5:17 pm Melbourne time. ALthough there's no privacy, with a bunch of Chinese guys playing online games and bellowing to each other, too engrossed in their personal game lives, and the owner busy pacing around, sneaking a peep here and there -- I don't care. I just want to be connected.
I've walked and walked and walked and walked till I'm almost going to start blubbering on the street, forming froths at the mouth due to heat and exhaution. I walked from the main campus to the street in where the Business and Law buildings are at, and the journey is seemingly endless as I walked from one street to another to crawling to the building that I want. All that walk for just a freaking tutorial sign-up. To my horror, I realised my Tue class is going to be hectic, not only because of its 11-5 schedule, but its amount of WALK. Make that run. I need to get from the first tute to the next lecture in 10 mins time, covering a distance of xxxxxx infinity kilometers. It's not that I don't like walking, and I don't walk much, it's just...TOO BIG. Get a
teleport please.
Other than that, I've had a pretty fun day (excluding the sunburn). I joined two societies for the first time in my uni life and I'm determined not to let my 20 dollars go to waste. EXPENSIVE nyaaaa! I saw my primary school friend for the first time in
EIGHT years, can you believe it?? When she updated me on the progresses of other ex-classmates, I was just amazed. Why is everyone so blardy smart hah? UM la...medicine la..blahblah..biotech...
I also saw a couple of great performances. One of them was a seductive, sultry bellydance at the uni, using her full sex appeal to lure perverted guys and body-conscious girls to join the Arabian Society perhaps. I felt sorry for her as she danced and sweated until I couldn't even stay to watch any longer. It was just too hot. I also saw an Asian man with a cowboy style and performing the harmonica-electronic guitar at the same time. He had a good voice too. I'm sure his skillful jammingo f the guitar wasn't the only reason of the good number of females throwing money to him.
Okay, one hour's coming up soon...